Does anybody here play Minecraft as a college student?

TheGreatShark

As awesome as the game is, I find that Minecraft is a game that's enjoyable only until you reach a certain age. Before, I played Minecraft a lot and this was a very fun experience, however the more I grew the less passionate I was about the game, because it feels very monotone after a while. Now that I am a college student, I have completely stopped playing the game, not only because I don't have time but because I enjoy other survival/building games a lot more.

Now that I'm a fully grown adult with a job, I've gone beyond the stage of being a college student. I can't really explain why, but I just don't enjoy it at all at this age. I feel like there are games that are a lot better, with the same concept but more unique, more in-depth. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/3/2017 at 6:56 PM, RawTerminator said:

Minecraft has always been enjoyable for me, and I'm 21 years old now. I find the thrill of building whatever you want really perfect when you want to relax and take a break from everyday life as a college student. Never gets boring for me.

It's quite surprising, most people get burned out at this stage.

On 8/3/2017 at 7:34 PM, RockAFlip said:

Minecraft is not enjoyable for me anymore in general, as I don't have time to build anything anymore. I do however enjoy playing on maps with redstone creations made by others because it feels like a real life simulator in some cases.

On 8/4/2017 at 11:56 AM, xXKornXx said:

Now that I'm a fully grown adult with a job, I've gone beyond the stage of being a college student. I can't really explain why, but I just don't enjoy it at all at this age. I feel like there are games that are a lot better, with the same concept but more unique, more in-depth. 

Those are exactly my thoughts. When there are so many more games with the same concept and more diverse gameplay, what is there about Minecraft that would really make you play it? I don't see how either.

• 8 months later...

Minecraft is the easiest video game I have ever played since my childhood. It has been that famous and has many versions coming up since then. I have been playing this game since hours and hours because I used to win somewhere in it.

As a college student I have enjoyed it and wining to different levels also boosts your enthusiasm. Somewhere we go on wining it and that helps us in our studies also building our confidence.

Hi. I have been playing Minecraft since I was in my junior and senior high school days and now that I was about to graduate within this year, I am still playing this game but not playing it for an hour since I have so many important things to do like school stuffs and life too. But when I was playing this game before, I find it really interesting especially in creating a map with some directions on what can you do to the map. My youngest brother used to build a parkour type of map and he really loves playing Minecraft as well and he already did a lot of maps which are quite challenging and interesting.

I was already out of college by the time Minecraft came out (yes, I'm old!), but my nephew was into it, so I used to play with him. I don't know if it was his enthusiasm or what, but I really enjoyed it for a while. I even kept playing for about a year after my nephew lost interest, but then I eventually stopped. I still think it's a great concept; I just need more of a challenge at this point.

Me, I find it very cool and entertaining. I am fond of creating houses and build some buildings  so here in minecraft I was able to create my own territory or house/home. Although it is pixelated type of game but I was entertained on how I can control my character and build some houses. I am already done studying but it doesn't matter as long as I am happy with anything I do like playing minecraft.

I used to be into it a lot about a couple of years ago, but I don't really pay attention to it that much anymore, not at all actually. I think it's a game that you can play, leave it alone for awhile and if you come back to it you can still enjoy it. 

Edited by Miiayson

• 3 weeks later...

Actually, I stop playing Minecraft when I came to college. I feel that I want to try another game and after that, I never play Minecraft again because I feel bored now. I really enjoy playing Minecraft years ago with my friends.