Expensive Graphics Cards Overkill For WoW?

JimmyRussel

I know I hear this a lot when I talk about building a computer but why do people hate overkill in WoW so much?

I personally love having 100+ FPS in games and playing on expensive machines. Even if WoW can be run by a couple of hampsters and a wheel with electricity. I mean, at least you'll never lag unless you have hardware related issues.

On the internet, everyone's always so judgmental of computer builds and hardware. People are always the first to bash any kind of hardware because they know something "better" or "less expensive". Who cares.. just let people build whatever they want.

I understand though, a lot of people do spend WAY too much just to play a game like WoW.

• 4 weeks later...
On the internet, everyone's always so judgmental of computer builds and hardware. People are always the first to bash any kind of hardware because they know something "better" or "less expensive". Who cares.. just let people build whatever they want.

I understand though, a lot of people do spend WAY too much just to play a game like WoW.

I agree with both points here. The former is especially true in WoW due to the elitist environment the game contributes to. The latter is also especially true. Maybe not graphics cards particularly, but people spend thousands of dollars per year to "multibox" just so they don't have to worry about getting more people for group content. It's laughable to me, but for the people who have to money to do it, it's understandable.

As for graphics cards, I don't see the point in going overkill for WoW, especially since it's not very intensive to begin with :)

• 3 weeks later...

I've always just ignored Elitists of anything because.. well they're basically retarded and I feel bad for them.

But, if you have the money to buy something good for your computer and you like it, who cares what people think/say. It's not like they have to use it. And a graphics card that is overkill for WoW, doesn't mean it'll be overkill for something else you play or do. Hell, modelling softwares use more than WoW so I mean, there are several reasons to have a graphics card that are overkill for WoW